Do I need a lot of room to install a wall.k.dot?
Not really. There’s no need to transform your entire interior for this :)
A space measuring 1.5m2 is big enough.
You can also play wall.k.dot in a corridor or an unused corner.
We don’t even recommend placing the stickers with the dots on them too far apart.
You can make the game as big or challenging as you like.
The more floors, walls and ceilings are used in the game, the more fun and challenging it will be.
Can I remove the wall.k.dot stickers and move them to another place?
The back of the wall.k.dot stickers is coated with removable glue. If you use them properly on a suitable surface you can easily remove them.
However, re-sticking them is another question.
(Some of our customers have already successfully transferred their stickers elsewhere, but wall.k.dot cannot guarantee that this will work in all cases.)
What are the wall.k.dots made of?
The wall.k.dot stickers are made from material that is entirely free of PVC or phthalates.
They are composed of a sub-layer, a printed layer and a laminate layer that protects the print from UV and damage (e.g. scratches).
The dots can easily be cleaned with a damp cloth, so hygiene is not a problem.
Does my wall or floor need to undergo special treatment before I can affix the wall.k.dot stickers to them?
No, you can affix the wall.k.dot stickers to every level, non-porous surface.
However, we cannot guarantee that the dots will stick just as well to walls that were finely sanded or plastered, or coarse-grained walls.
First ensure that the surface is dry and free of dust, grease and dirt.
If you will be painting anyway, we recommend using washable paint because your wall will probably be touched near the dots by little hands and feet (which may not always be clean).
If you want to stick the dots to freshly painted walls, allow the paint to fully dry for at least two weeks.
Will removing the dots cause damage to my walls or floors?
The answer depends entirely to the quality of the surface, and how long the dots were stuck there.
The dot stickers are coated with removable glue on the back, so if they were affixed properly and to a high-quality surface they can be easily removed without leaving behind any damage.
If you have affixed the stickers to a high-quality surface, the chances of damage will be very small indeed.
If the dots have been stuck there for quite some time, the glue coating may adhere to the paint and tiny flakes of paint may come off. You can prevent this by gently heating the dots with a hair dryer before removing them. The glue coating will heat up a bit, allowing them to be peeled off more easily. It goes without saying that you have to do this slowly and carefully to prevent any possibility of ‘damage’.
A bit of paint may remain stuck to the glue coating when the dots have been affixed to surfaces of a lesser quality.
If the surface is of a very poor quality, buts of plaster may even be pulled off, but chances of this happening are very rare indeed.
The more porous the surface, the less strongly the glue coating will adhere to the surface and the smaller the chance of ‘damage’ will be.
Taking into consideration that we are not responsible for the surface we cannot offer any guarantees with regard to the prevention of damage to the surface when removing the dots.
Can wall.k.dots also be used outside?
No, the dots that are currently available can only be used in dry areas indoors, on dry surfaces that are free of dust and grease.
However, we do not exclude the possibility of developing variants for outdoor use.
If you are interested in this, let us know! We will be happy to dive into a new challenge.
We could also provide you with a once-only custom product for a special application.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Can children help apply the stickers?
Certainly! They are easy to affix to level surfaces.
Affixing them to walls, floors and ceiling together with children can even be a lot of fun.
The stickers are not suitable for children under the age of 3 because of the small dot stickers that are affixed to the dice. (They could form a chocking hazard.)
How long will it take to install?
That depends on how fast you can work :)
and whether or not the children you are supervising can help.
An hour should be enough.
Do you also make custom-made wall.k.dot games?
You can obtain only those games that are offered in the online shop from wall.k.dot.
However, wall.k.dot receives support from UpArt, which designs custom projects.
So, if you have any questions or ideas, no matter how crazy they are, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. UpArt will be happy to rise to the challenge!
1. Wall.k.dots are intended to be stuck to walls, floors, windows, doors and other surfaces. They should not be stuck on top of each other. Any children helping to apply the stickers should always be supervised by an adult. Don’t leave the stickers lying around. Stick them to the desired surfaces immediately to prevent choking or suffocation (by sticking stickers on each other’s mouth or swallowing them, etc.).
2. As the game contains small parts (the dice are approx. 2.5 cm), children must always be supervised (by an adult) while playing it. Because the dots that are affixed to the dice are very small, there is a risk of choking if these are peeled off. That is why the game is not suitable for children under 3 years of age. Children must never put the stickers or the dice in their mouths to prevent any risk of suffocation.
3. If the dots are stuck to the floor, the players must be barefoot or wear shoes. Wearing socks or shoes with slippery soles may increase the players’ likelihood of slipping.
4. Wall.k.dots are not suited for outdoor use or for use in damp or wet rooms (shower, bathroom, etc.) or near a heat source.
5. Long-term, intensive use may cause the stickers to wear out. Make sure that your children do not put any loose parts in their mouths. Remove loose parts immediately.
6. The dots can be cleaned using a damp cloth and, if necessary, a mild detergent.
7. The stickers come with a removable adhesive layer. When used properly, they do not cause any damage to the surface when removing the stickers. If they do not come off easily, we recommend warming the stickers slightly with a hair dryer. That way they will come off more easily.